Now that you have booked your stay at Rancho Santana, we want to ensure your journey here is smooth and seamless. See below for some helpful pre-arrival information regarding travel and transportation, scheduling activities, and packing for your trip.
Here are a few tips for travel whether you fly into Managua International Airport (MGA) or Liberia International Airport (LIR):
- Keep your baggage claim tickets accessible as you will need them to collect your luggage and pass through customs.
- There is a US$10 immigration/tourist fee per person entering the country (the US dollar is widely accepted in Nicaragua). We recommend carrying exact change for this fee.
- On all customs forms you can simply put “Rancho Santana” when asked for your destination address.
- If you booked transportation through Rancho Santana, you should have no problem finding your way to our drivers. Just look for a friendly face and a sign with your name! If you are coming into Liberia, your driver will bring you to the border where you will go through customs then continue on to Rancho Santana.
If you have not already done so, we are happy to book your ground transportation from the airport to the Ranch. We will need your flight information and the number of travelers in your party. Please find more information on transportation prices here.
As a reminder, all guests staying in Ocean View Homes are required to rent a 4X4 vehicle and we recommend guests staying at The Inn, The Residences, Puerta del Mar Villas and Garden View Casitas do the same. The best way rent a vehicle is through our onsite Dollar Rent a Car. For more information or to request a rental vehicle, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
So that you can fully enjoy your vacation, we recommend jumping right into the #RanchoSantanaGoodLife!
Whether you are interested in surf, yoga, spa services, out-of-ranch tours, horseback riding, boat charters or just plain old relaxation by the pool, our pre-arrival concierge can help you make the most of your time here.
For your convenience, you will receive a detailed itinerary with the arrangements we’ve made on your behalf once booked. We know that plans change, so please let us know at least 24 hours in advance (and 72 hours in advance for surf) of any adjustments or cancellations in order to avoid being charged in full for your service.
Packing & Staying Connected
Finally, we would like to give you some helpful tips on staying connected and making sure your packing list is complete.
- Free WIFI is available in all accommodations.
- If you’re staying in a private home, casita, or villa you will be well connected with a local cell phone for use during your stay. If you’re staying with us at The Inn or The Residences, you can use the in-room iPads to message the Front Desk.
- We like to say the Ranch is a “shorts and flip-flops” kind of place. Our dining venues can be a slightly more sophisticated scene in the evenings, but still fairly casual. Footwear is required in The Clubhouse at all times, but flip-flops are perfectly acceptable, 24/7.
- The Ranch sprawls over several different types of terrain and offers a number of different activities. If you are interested in hiking, biking, or horseback riding we recommend packing athletic or all-terrain shoes.
We look forward to having you!