FOR OUR GUESTS
A commitment to health, security, and safety
Dear Rancho Santana Guest,
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have developed and implemented enhanced security, sanitization, and safety protocols, including those recommended by the CDC, WHO and local health authorities. We appreciate our responsibility as your host to maintain the highest level of quality you’ve come to expect from us as a top vacation destination, while simultaneously ensuring the well-being of our guests, residents and staff, in the midst of this strange time.
We have carefully trained our staff on how to best employ these enhanced safety protocols to help safeguard everyone at Rancho Santana. This includes new cleaning procedures, increased attention to disinfecting our communal spaces, a commitment to social distancing and of course, ongoing training as we continue to navigate these uncertain times. These enhanced measures have been designed to protect each and every guest on site, from check-in to check-out.
Spanning 2,700 acres and 2+ miles of pristine Pacific coast, our location and design enables social distancing organically, and we do ask that all guests remain vigilant on social distancing practices. Further, we ask you to familiarize yourself with the current safety protocols in place at the Ranch outlined below, prior to arrival.
General Health and Safety Protocols
We are committed to maintaining the highest level of cleanliness, safety, and security at Rancho Santana. For that reason, all non-essential resort services and activities have been temporarily suspended until further notice. This includes all group classes, activities, babysitting, horseback riding, and spa services. Adhering to proper social distancing practices, we are able to offer private yoga and fitness classes upon request.
For assistance with any questions or to request services while on-site, our Concierge team is available 24/7 via email, our app, text message, and telephone.
AT THE RESORT
Arrival & Departure
- These guidelines and any future updates will be provided at the time of booking and before arrival.
- We will require a copy of your ID or passport, your license plate number, vehicle model and color, two phone numbers to best reach you, and a list of all guests in your party.
- The check-in agreement will be sent to you before arrival through DocuSign.
- Hand sanitizer is available and visible on the Front Desk for guests to use. In addition, you’ll find hand sanitizing stations around common areas throughout the Ranch.
- Our Front Desk agents will be wearing masks at all times during their shifts.
- In place of an in-person home orientation, we will provide you with information and instructions specific to your accommodation (e.g. Wi-Fi, TV, AC, backup generator, safe, bedrooms, laundry area, kitchen, etc.), as well as contact information and a property map.
- On the day of departure, Concierge will send an electronic copy of your folio for your review and approval. Upon approval, your card will be charged and the account closed out, finalizing the check-out process.
To minimize face-to-face interactions with our guests, there are some important changes to how you will interact with our staff:
- Resort services and deliveries will be provided without social contact whenever possible. Our staff is readily available to assist with any questions or requests via email, our app, text message, and telephone.
- Our staff is trained to maintain strict social distancing practices in and around the common areas of the hotel and at all times while working throughout the property. All staff are also following CDC guidelines and best practices related to hygiene and safety, including the use of personal protective equipment, increased hand washing, and utilizing hand sanitizers.
- All of our employees will be given a health screening before the start of every shift. They have been instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and to contact management if they see any guest or coworker exhibiting possible symptoms of COVID-19.
- La Finca y el Mar, our Clubhouse dining venue, has resumed regular operating hours (11am through 8pm) with socially distanced indoor and outdoor seating. Seating will be limited to groups of eight (8) or less.
- El Café is also open between 7am and 2pm daily. All other dining venues will remain closed until further notice.
- As always, all food and beverage services will be handled with proper hand sanitation protocols and with single-use gloves.
- La Tienda is open from 8am to 8pm daily. Entry to the store will be limited to ensure proper social distancing and staff will be enforcing the use of masks by all visitors.
- All food and beverage purchases will be charged to your open account; no cash will be accepted.
- Food and grocery delivery service is also be available upon request, with a small additional service fee.
Communal Areas & Pools
- We have increased the scope and frequency of all routine cleaning procedures, with extra care and attention to the sanitization of high-touch surfaces and high traffic areas.
- We ask all guests to practice social distancing in and around our pool areas. While lounging in and around our pool areas, please keep your area clean and contained and use trash cans provided.
- If you are feeling unwell, we kindly ask that you abstain from using our pools and reach out to Concierge should you need further assistance.
- For your convenience, personal hand sanitizers will be placed in all accommodations for use during your stay.
- Accommodations will be fully sanitized according to industry and CDC guidelines prior to your arrival. We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms during each service, with additional attention paid to high-touch items.
- Routine housekeeping services will only be provided before arrival and after departure.
- For guests staying longer than 3 days, Housekeeping services will be available upon request every 3 days. Guests can also choose to decline Housekeeping services.
- If Housekeeping services are requested, guests will be required to vacate their accommodation prior to the arrival of our staff, and will be permitted to return once our staff has finished cleaning.
- Housekeeping attendants, landscaping assistants, and maintenance staff are required to wear personal protective equipment at all times.
- Housekeeping services are limited to trash collection, supplying fresh towels and replenishing amenities. Unless specifically requested, linens will not be changed until the time of check-out.
- For accommodations with private pools, pool cleaning services will be available upon request. Concierge will confirm any scheduled pool-cleaning services before our staff arrive. We ask you to remain inside your accommodation while our pool cleaning staff is on-site working outside.
- If Maintenance services are requested, guests will be required to vacate the premises while the staff is working in or around the accommodation.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this time. These enhanced safety protocols will enable us to ensure the health and wellbeing of everyone in the Rancho Santana community. If at any point during your stay you present symptoms associated with COVID-19, please contact Concierge at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-8672-0303.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Until then, if you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call our direct line 505-8672-0303.
Executive V.P. of Development & Sales