FOR OUR GUESTS
A commitment to health, security, and safety
Dear Rancho Santana Guest,
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have developed and implemented enhanced security, sanitization, and safety protocols, including those recommended by the CDC, WHO, and local health authorities. We appreciate our responsibility as your host to maintain the highest level of quality you’ve come to expect from us as a top vacation destination, while simultaneously ensuring the well-being of our guests, residents, and staff, in the midst of this strange time.
We have carefully trained our staff on how to best employ these enhanced safety protocols to help safeguard everyone at Rancho Santana. This includes new cleaning procedures, increased attention to disinfecting our communal spaces, a commitment to social distancing, and of course, ongoing training as we continue to navigate these uncertain times. These enhanced measures have been designed to protect every guest on-site, from check-in to check-out.
Spanning 2,700 acres and 2+ miles of pristine Pacific coast, our location and design enable social distancing organically, and we do ask that all guests remain vigilant on social distancing practices. Further, we ask you to familiarize yourself with the current safety protocols in place at the Ranch, outlined below, before arrival.
General Health and Safety Protocols
We are committed to maintaining the highest level of cleanliness, safety, and security at Rancho Santana. For that reason, we have implemented health and safety requirements on all resort services and activities to encourage social distancing and responsible gathering. For assistance with any questions or to request services while on-site, our Concierge team is available 24/7 via email, our app, text message, and telephone.
ARRIVING IN NICARAGUA
The Ministry of Health (MINSA) and Civil Aeronautics approved a protocol for the arrival of national and foreign travelers. Travelers will be required to show proof of a negative result from a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) COVID-19 test, taken no more than 72 hours before arriving in Nicaragua. The protocol also stipulates that foreign travelers arriving with respiratory symptoms may not enter the country. Upon arrival, provided you do not show any respiratory symptoms, travelers are free to move around the country and will be monitored via telephone by our health authorities for up to 14 days.
AT THE RESORT
Arrival & Departure
- These guidelines and any future updates will be provided at the time of booking and before arrival.
- We will require a copy of your ID or passport, your license plate number, vehicle model and color, two phone numbers to best reach you, and a list of all guests in your party.
- The check-in agreement will be sent to you before arrival through DocuSign.
- Hand sanitizer is available and visible at the Front Desk for guests to use. In addition, you’ll find hand sanitizing stations around common areas throughout the Ranch.
- Our Front Desk agents will be wearing masks at all times during their shifts.
- In place of an in-person home orientation, we will provide you with information and instructions specific to your accommodation (e.g. Wi-Fi, TV, AC, backup generator, safe, bedrooms, laundry area, kitchen, etc.), as well as contact information and a property map.
- On the day of departure, Concierge will send an electronic copy of your folio for your review and approval. Upon approval, your card will be charged and the account closed out, finalizing the check-out process.
To minimize face-to-face interactions with our guests, there are some important changes to how you will interact with our staff:
- Resort services and deliveries will be provided without social contact whenever possible. Our staff is readily available to assist with any questions or requests via email, our app, text message, and telephone.
- Our staff is trained to maintain strict social distancing practices in and around the common areas of the hotel and at all times while working throughout the property. All staff is also following CDC guidelines and best practices related to hygiene and safety, including the use of personal protective equipment, increased handwashing, and utilizing hand sanitizers.
- All of our employees will be given a health screening before the start of every shift. They have been instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and to contact management if they see any guest or coworker exhibiting possible symptoms of COVID-19.
- La Finca y El Mar, our Clubhouse dining venue, has resumed regular operating hours 11:30 am – 9:30 pm with socially distanced indoor and outdoor seating. Casual Menu is available from 11:30 am – 9:30 pm and the Dinner menu available 5 pm – 9:30 pm. Happy Hour, every day 4 pm – 6 pm featuring half-price Cocktails and Chatos, discounted national beers, and Flor de Caña Rum.
- El Café is open between 7 am – 2 pm daily.
- La Boquita is open for regular service Wednesday through Sunday from 5 pm – 9 pm.
- La Taquería is open Wednesday through Sunday from 11 am – 4 pm.
- La Tienda is open from 8 am – 8 pm daily. Entry to the store will be limited to ensure proper social distancing and staff will be enforcing the use of masks by all visitors.
- As always, all food and beverage services will be handled with proper hand sanitation protocols.
- All food and beverage purchases will be charged to your open account; no cash will be accepted.
- Food and grocery delivery services are also available upon request, with a small additional service fee.
Activities & Services
- Transportation: The driver will be wearing a mask for the duration of the drive to The Ranch. Having presented a negative COVID test upon arrival in Nicaragua, you are not required to wear a mask but may do so if you prefer.
- Surf Lessons: The Beach & Surf Club is open Wednesday through Sunday from 9 am – 4 pm. We will not be offering group lessons, unless all guests are part of the same family or friend group.
- The Stables: Group excursions are offered for a maximum of four (4) guests within the same family or friend group. At this time, we are not offering stable tours or excursions for children under 8 years of age. All riders must be able to mount and dismount the horse without physical assistance; a step will be provided for mounting. An adult must accompany any riders under 12 years of age.
- The Spa in El Bosque is open Wednesday through Sunday from 9:30 am – 6 pm.
- The therapist will wear a mask during your service.
- Housekeeping staff will be present around the clock wiping down surfaces. In addition, plunge pools will be properly cleaned every day.
- Yoga classes are limited to 10 people maximum. All mats and equipment are washed before and after every session.
- Kids Club & Babysitting
- Coordinator and babysitters:
- Staff will be using masks at all times.
- Toys and educational materials will be disinfected after being used.
- The entire area will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the end of each day.
- Staff is required to check their temperature daily.
- Kids Club Studio: 5 kids per pass, Ages 4-12
- All kids will be checked for their temperature when dropped off. Kids presenting symptoms such as fever, cold or dry cough, will not be allowed in the area.
- Parents and private babysitters are not allowed to be in the studio.
- Children and staff will be required to cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when you coughing or sneezing. Children and staff will be required to use hand sanitizer gel.
- Children and staff must remove their footwear at the time of entering the area.
- Coordinator and babysitters:
- Galeria Rancho Santana is open Thursday through Monday from 1 pm – 6 pm.
- Guest Experience Activities: Guests are required to practice social distancing during group excursions. Activities will be scheduled at different times to avoid crowds at the meeting point at The Inn.
Communal Areas & Pools
- We have increased the scope and frequency of all routine cleaning procedures, with extra care and attention to the sanitization of high-touch surfaces and high traffic areas.
- We ask all guests to practice social distancing in and around our pool areas. While lounging in and around our pool areas, please keep your area clean and contained and use the trash cans provided.
- If you are feeling unwell, we kindly ask that you abstain from using our pools and reach out to Concierge should you need further assistance.
- For your convenience, personal hand sanitizers will be placed in all accommodations for use during your stay.
- Accommodations will be fully sanitized according to industry and CDC guidelines prior to your arrival. We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms during each service, with additional attention paid to high-touch items.
- Routine housekeeping services will only be provided before arrival and after departure.
- For guests staying longer than 3 days, Housekeeping services will be available upon request every 3 days. Guests can also choose to decline Housekeeping services.
- If Housekeeping services are requested, guests will be required to vacate their accommodation before the arrival of our staff and will be permitted to return once our staff has finished cleaning.
- Housekeeping attendants, landscaping assistants, and maintenance staff are required to wear personal protective equipment at all times.
- Housekeeping services are limited to collecting trash, supplying fresh towels, and replenishing amenities. Unless specifically requested, linens will not be changed until the time of check-out.
- For accommodations with private pools, pool cleaning services will be available upon request. Concierge will confirm any scheduled pool-cleaning services before our staff arrives. We ask you to remain inside your accommodation while our pool cleaning staff is on-site working outside.
- If Maintenance services are requested, guests will be required to vacate the premises while the staff is working in or around the accommodation.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this time. These enhanced safety protocols will enable us to ensure the health and wellbeing of everyone in the Rancho Santana community. If at any point during your stay you present symptoms associated with COVID-19, please contact Concierge at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-8672-0303.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Until then, if you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call our direct line 505-8672-0303.
Executive V.P. of Development & Sales